For information about how to connect on Zoom for these sessions, please contact the Temple Beth El office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanakh Study (Joshua-Judges) with Rabbi Singer
Saturdays, 10 AM
February 6, 20; March, 20; April 3, 17. More sessions: TBA
Aging with Grace: co-presented with Temple Beth Torah, Ventura
3 Sundays, 10 AM
1. February 7: Aging in pace, presented by Rabbi Laura Geller
2. March 7: Dealing with long-term illness and dementia, presented by Rabbi Doug Kohn
3. April 11: The sandwich generation: caught between aging parents and children, presented by Rabbi Richard Address
Embracing the Tree of Life: Inner Torah Meditations for Self-healing and Standing Strong in Trying Times
Saturday, February 13th, 10 AM
Led by Congregant Howard Rubin
PURIM: ARE VASHTI AND ESTHER FEMINISTS?
Thursday, February 18th, 7 PM
Join the Women of Sinai (Palm Desert) for this presentation.
Taught by Rabbi Suzanne Singer
Jewish Disability Month
1. The month of February: Join the Union for Reform Judaism for education and advocacy by registering at: https://www.jewishtogether.org/jdam
2. Friday, February 19th, 7:30 PM: Join us for a Shabbat service dedicated to the topic
3. Sunday, February 21st, 10 AM: Come to a presentation by Cantor Steven Puzarne whose specialty is training Jews with disabilities.
The Jews of Morocco
Thursday, March 18, 7 PM
In a color slide presentation this is a general introduction to Jewish life in Morocco. An additional feature will be the status of Muslim-Jewish relations there.
Presented by Dr. Roy Mittelman, Director of the Michael & Irene Ross Program in Jewish Studies at The City College of New York
Thursday, April 8, 6 PM
German Women During the Third Reich, presented by Alison Owings, author of Frauen: German Women Recall the Third Reich. What were the women of Germany doing during the Third Reich? What were they thinking? And what do they have to say a half century later? In Frauen we hear their voices––most for the first time.
Following the speaker, a service to commemorate the Shoah will be held.