ADULT ED SCHEDULE, 2019-2020/5780
Download schedule here
TORAH STUDY with Rabbi Singer: Saturdays, 10:00 AM
December 14, 21, January 4, 11, February 8, 22, March 7, 21, April 4, 18, May 9, 23
Shabbat Morning Services: Saturdays, 11:00 AM
December 14, February 22, March 21, April 18
B’nai Mitzvah: Ashley Fields, November 30, 10:00 AM; Anya Peterson, Saturday, January 18, 10:00 AM; Ezra Crohn. Saturday, May 2, 10:00 AM. All are welcome.
BYOM Chanukah service: Friday, December 27, 6:30 PM
Community Seder: Preceded by study, April 9, 5:00 PM
Yom HaShoah Program and Service: Monday, April 20, 5:00 PM. Featuring Alison Owings, author of Frauen: German Women Recall the Third Reich
Shavuot Service and Confirmation: Friday, May 29, 7:30 PM
- Thursday, December 12, 7:00 PM
The IGBO Jews of Nigeria: Presented by Remy Ilona
- Sunday, January 12, 2:00 PM
The Development of Jewish Views of Christianity: Presented by Rabbi Dr. Joshua Garroway
- Thursday, February 13, 7:00 PM
Jewish Women Movie Directors: Dr. Lawrence Baron – More information
- Sunday, February 16, 2:30 PM
Shabbat Primer; The Shape of the Service: Taught by Rabbi Singer
Have you ever wondered what the Shabbat service is all about? Is there any logic to how the service is designed? What do the prayers really mean? If you are curious and would like to get more out of your experience in the Sanctuary, please join us for an informative session.
- Thursday, February 20, 7:00 PM
Socialism and the Jewish Question: From Karl Marx to Bernie Sanders: Annual lecture by Dr. Irwin Wall
- Sunday, February 23, 2:30 PM
How to Calm the Mind: Dr. Richard Landis. More information
- Thursday, May 21, 7:00 PM
The Jewish composers of “The Great American song book”: Dr. Peter Curtis, RCC
Series taught by Rabbi Singer: The Reform Movement: How it gives meaning to our lives
1) March 5, 7:00 PM: Mitzvot– Obligation or choice?
2) March 12, 7:00 PM: Spirituality: Is the Reform movement spiritual?
3) March 19, 7:00 PM: Tikkun olam: Why is the Reform movement so committed to social justice?
CLASSES ARE $10 EACH FOR NON-MEMBERS